Attached & Detached Garages Kenosha, WI
As Kenosha's top garage building company, we offer both detached and attached garage design and builds. There are many questions to answer so you can ultimately know which build is right for you, and that is something we work through with our potential customers during our free consultation meeting. Every customer we work with is building a garage for their own reason, and there are many uses that are available to homeowners when it comes to this specific space. Some people are looking to simply store their vehicles inside for convenience, privacy, and protection, while others want extra space for their tools and storage. No matter what you're going to be using this for, we can help decide on if an attached or detached option is best for you.
The first thing we need to look at is the space you have on your property. Obviously you can't just put a garage anywhere. It needs to make practical sense for your property so you arent' negatively effecting the value of your home. Also, if it is important that you have a large sized garage, then you might be a bit more limited on where this new build out will be going.
The second thing we need to decide is what is your garage mainly going to be used for. If it is for simply storing your vehicles, then you will have more flexibility regarding the size and location of the new garage.
There are many other questions and factors that play a role here, and we look forward to discussing them with you during our free consultation meeting. Give us a call today to set up your time with our expert professionals.
What are the pros of attached & detached?
1. Avoid the weather! This is an obvious one, but also probably the largest advantage of having an attached garage. When it comes to Kenosha winters, it's a huge blessing to be able to get into your car in the morning and not have to scrap off the ice or remove the snow from your windshield.
2. It's very easy to access. This is for more than just accessing your vehicle. Maybe you have decided to put an extra fridge in the garage, or your using some of the space for a workshop! The convenience of accessing these types of uses increases significantly when your garage is attached as opposed to being detached.
3. It will make your home look much larger. This can add a lot of value to your home, as the curb appeal of your property plays a major role in the value of your home. There are times where having an attached garage can even make your home look double its original size. Although the living space doesn't technically increase, it will make your home look much more impressive from the driveway or road.
1. Far away from harmful emissions. We can use our garages to store all kinds of things, and we don't always think about chemicals or smells entering our homes as a result. When you have a detached garage, you don't need to worry about unwanted emissions entering your home and potentially putting your family at risk. Many homeowners feel safer in this area when they have a detached garage on their property.
2. There are fewer access points into your home. Attached garages typically offer 3 points of entrance - windows, door, and garage door. All of these points need to be secured in a proper way since someone could break directly into your home through the attached garage. A detached garage alleviates this worry as you know your safety will not be compromised.
3. Minimal noises. If you are someone who spends a lot of time working in your garage, then you might find yourself annoying family members with how loud you are making the home. A detached garage can offer a little getaway for you, and you can make as much noise as you'd like when working on your projects.